One of the most significant and controllable environmental impacts of a meeting is waste. Together, we can do the following and so much more:
- Reduce printed collateral; and use digital check-in and check-out.
- Source seasonal food & beverage items from local providers.
- Donate surplus food to local community organizations where available.
We can help you be more environmentally thoughtful about your meeting through LightStay, Hilton’s award-winning sustainability management system, and our optional Meet with Purpose program, which offers additional sustainable and socially responsible meeting options.
Lightstay & Meet with Purpose
- LightStaytracks and measures the environmental and social impact at every brand in the Hilton family of hotels—from water and energy use to volunteer hours and donations. In doing so, we provide Meeting Planners suggestions on reducing the carbon footprint associated with travel and the meeting itself.
- Ask your hotel event manager to run a LightStay Event Impact Calculator to generate a customized estimate of the environmental impact of your specific meeting. The LightStay Event Impact Calculator uses the hotel’s data to estimate the carbon emissions, energy use, water, and waste associated with your meeting.
- Want to reduce your meeting’s environmental footprint further? Ask about our Meet with Purpose program, which includes menu options from locally sourced partners as well as waste reduction and donation options