In August, the Hilton Events team traveled to Las Vegas for a planning meeting and site visit at Resorts World, our host hotel for the Americas Commercial Conference. This incredible resort boasts 3,500 rooms and features three premium Hilton brands—Conrad Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Hotels & Resorts. In addition to Hilton’s largest property, globally, the mega resort is also the first ground-up property to be built on the Las Vegas strip in more than a decade. We couldn’t be more excited to experience it! We also took this opportunity to meet with our agency partner (Encore), our DMC partner (Hello!) and the Resorts World team, who we are working with on conference planning. We had several overarching goals for this site visit, including:
1. Experience and tour the resort since they opened this summer
2. Walk the contracted meeting and event spaces
3. Check out the food and beverage outlets for the dine around night for conference attendees
4. Meet with the hotel leaders who will be working with us on ACC
5. Meet with our agency partners and DMC
6. Tour Virgin Las Vegas, who is hosting pre-conference meetings and closing-night reception.
This was a great week and we accomplished an amazing amount of planning. By the time we headed home, our feet were sore, tummies very full and were even more excited about our plans for ACC in December!
1. Don’t rush! Schedule enough time for all meetings, walking the space, decision-making, and moving your event plans forward. Take advantage of the time there to meet with:
a. Agency partners
c. Overflow hotels
d. Off-site venues
e. AV team
f. Hotel leaders from key departments
g. Your planning team!
2. Be prepared with an agenda for every team meeting you have; ensure alignment on what items are under review and/or need further discussion.
3. Experience the hotel or venue as your attendees will. Stay in the rooms, order room service, try as many food and beverage outlets as possible, visit the gym, and really get to know where to find all hotel amenities, so you can answer your guests’ questions.